Milk-based food packaging
- Developed by the team at US Department of Agriculture, new Casein based film- biodegradable, sustainable and edible.
- Protein-based films are powerful oxygen blockers, thus preventing food spoilage.
- Packaging to hit the market within 3 years.
- Biodegradable, film-like membrane that carries different foodstuffs in small amounts.
- The concept developed by David Edwards and his team at Harvard University.
- Generated multiple edible (and tasty) food containers called WikiCell.
- Commendable breakthrough with a wide range of application from yogurt to coffee and even alcoholic drinks.