The use of green and bio-polyols has been growing in last years in polyurethane, leather industry, furniture and bedding. Companies are moving towards green chemistry by replacing petrochemical based polyols. This report provides an extensive analysis of technology prospective which is segmented based upon application, functions and type of bio-polyols. This report also comprises of key insights from patent analysis of different companies and universities in this domain. The top application areas of bio-polyols are in making polyurethane foam, in leather industry, in textile, and in furniture & bedding. The major players are Hyundai Motor Co Ltd, Petroleum Nasional, Industrial Technology Research Institute and Univ Donghua in Asia. Various active research collaborations, licencing activity and acquisitions going on among companies and universities have been provided in the report. Our report also comprises of recent on-going research in synthesis of bio-polyols and their application areas.
Additionally, the report provides market related insights including the key market trends, current and future market demand and the factors affecting the market along with a detailed competitive landscape. The market is observing a high growth rate however, a few factors like high cost and increasing carbon footprint are slowing down the growth of the green and bio polyols market.
Companies including Bayer AG, BASF SE, Cargill Inc. (U.S.), and The Dow Chemical Company are leading the global green and bio polyols market. The major players are increasing their market shares and global footprint in the green and bio polyols market by adopting both organic and inorganic growth strategies such as new product launches and joint ventures which are expected to help them strengthen their positions in the global green and bio polyols market.
Key purposes of the study:
- To identify and analyse the patenting activity in the domain of green and bio polyols.
- To identify and analyse the technological innovations in the domain of green and bio polyols.
- To identify the whitespace for new technology development.
- To estimate and project the global market for flexible packaging market on different segments.
- To analyse the key factors influencing the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges and trends)
- To provide detailed profiling on the key players along with the analysis of the competitive developments.