Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: What to Expect in 2024
2024 seems to be a game-changing year for the healthcare industry as new techniques and innovative technologies integrated with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are emerging rapidly. Thus, organizations need to alter their business models by inculcating automation in order to cope in this technologically advanced era. In 2023, AI and natural language processing (NLP) laid the foundation to transform the healthcare sector, with renowned organizations and startups making significant attempts to innovate and elevate the processes of disease diagnostics, drug discovery, and treatment.
How is AI evolving the healthcare industry?
Artificial Intelligence is set to make huge strides in the medical field in 2024 and beyond. With deep learning algorithms, the researchers are committed to attaining maximum accuracy in interpreting X-ray, MRI, and CT scan reports. Also, AI improves the drug discovery process by predicting drug efficacy and its side effects, thereby reducing the time-to-market of a pharmaceutical molecule. Moreover, AI creates individualized treatment plans using a patient’s genetic and molecular profile.
Here are the key AI trends set to dominate healthcare in 2024:
- Personalized Treatment Plans: AI is capable of creating personalized treatment plans, including medication regimens and lifestyle recommendations, by precisely analyzing individual health data. There will undoubtedly be a spike in the percentage of patients who get individualized healthcare in 2024. Instead of using a cookie-cutter approach, AI considers multiple characteristics like age, genetics, and risk factors to formulate personalized medicines and treatment plans for groups of patients. Such analytical information can assist doctors and healthcare medical professionals determine the efficacy of medications and the likelihood of adverse effects.
- AI for Mental Health: AI-powered health apps and platforms process the personal information provided by the user dealing with mental health issues, and based on that analysis, appropriate support, therapy, or counseling sessions are provided. Apart from this, AI will efficiently use pattern recognition algorithms, computer vision, and natural language processing to understand better a person’s emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
- Wellness and Lifestyle Management: AI will provide personalized fitness & nutrition guidance to individuals based on the data collected by wearables. Post-COVID-19, telemedicine technology has boomed, which has led to remarkable developments in wearable technology. As per the current scenario, smart wearables will likely acquire a significant share in healthcare, with smartwatches capable of performing complex scans like electrocardiograms (ECGs). Also, smart fabrics can detect blood pressure in real-time and predict the likelihood of heart attacks, and smart gloves can alleviate tremors experienced by Parkinson’s disease patients.
- Health Data Security: Data security has been a major concern across multiple sectors. Here, AI contributes by effectively monitoring & recognizing potential breaches. Moreover, this novel technology automatically prevents unauthorized access to personal health information. These AI-based trends contribute to making healthcare services more convenient and accessible.
- AI-Powered Virtual Assistants: For cost-cutting, mitigating the chances of human error, and making healthcare services more accessible, healthcare service providers across the globe are set to introduce virtual health assistants integrated with AI. Apart from setting medication reminders, these bots can answer medical queries, assist with appointment scheduling, and provide health advice.
- Genomic Medicine: Medications are usually developed based on a “one-size-fits-all” approach, prioritizing maximum effectiveness with minimal adverse effects. However, remarkable developments in genomic research, artificial intelligence, and digital twins have enabled healthcare service providers to opt for a more individualized and perfect-fit approach for each patient. In addition, with the effective utilization of AI, pharmaceutical firms and healthcare facilities can also develop individualized diagnostic and therapeutic instruments.
- Drug Discovery: Drug discovery is an extensive process that consumes a lot of time and resources of pharmaceutical firms to introduce an effective drug molecule or medicine to the market. AI-driven simulations and analysis expedite the drug discovery process, identify potential candidates, and optimize molecular structures, thereby leading to a significant reduction in time, cost, and efforts for commercializing novel drugs. From the ideation to the concluding results of a medication study, machine learning has already been an integral part of the process.
- Regulatory compliance: Governing bodies & administrations seek to facilitate the constructive use of AI technologies while protecting user rights. Global regulations seem to be catching up with new EU legislation, US Executive Orders, and healthcare-specific acts. AI tools are employed to monitor compliance with healthcare regulations, ensuring the ethical use of AI by establishing and enforcing regulatory frameworks.
In conclusion, AI plays a crucial role in various aspects of healthcare, from diagnostics to clinical efficiency and drug discovery to lifestyle management. However, it’s essential to carefully comprehend rules and regulations to ensure AI’s responsible and ethical use in healthcare. As AI is still in the budding phase; the complexities in various verticals of the healthcare sector, such as effective product or technology development, hazardous waste disposal, resource conservation, and supply chain management, cannot be completely resolved through AI. Hence, Ingenious e-Brain is here as a supporting partner to guide your healthcare enterprise to survive and grow in this ferociously competitive and technologically advanced era.
About Ingenious e-Brain: –
Ingenious e-Brain provides high-quality, customized, and cost-effective Technology Research, Business Research, and Intellectual Property Research solutions to industry leaders, and innovative companies across the globe. Innovation, knowledge, and transparency form the basis of our company’s mission and vision. Along with cost benefits, we provide highest quality results ensuring fool-proof confidentiality and security. We are an ISO certified company with offices in India and USA.
Ingenious e-Brain has a strong team of analysts, and subject matter experts with domain proficiency which is devoted to help clients grow. Our highly qualified professionals offer tailored, value-added and cost-effective services to our clients. We believe in building long term relationships with our clients who include national and international corporations, Fortune 500 companies, world’s leading research institutes and universities as well as independent inventors.
Get in Touch:-
646 Sutton Way#1006
Grass Valley, CA 95945 United States
207-208 Welldone TechPark, Sohna Road
Sector 48, Gurugram, Haryana 122018, India
+91 124 429 4218