Global 5G Infrastructure Market (Technology Landscape and Market Research) – Forecast to 2025
ngenious e-brain forecasts the global 5G infrastructure market size to grow from USD 2 billion in 2019 to USD 24 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 53.9% during the forecast period. Major growth drivers are increasing demand for 5G infrastructure, increasing demand for mobile data services and growth in mobile data traffic, growth of IoT based technologies, the rising importance of software implementation in a communication network, growing adoption of virtual networking architecture, and increasing m2m connections across various industries. Edge computing, smart grid communication, and massive machine-type communication in 5G are some of the critical opportunities for market expansion. However, intercell interference and technological design complexity for power dissipation act as challenges for market growth. Furthermore, delays in standardization in spectrum allocation inhibit the growth of the market.
In this report, the 5G Infrastructure market is categorized by type of core network technology, including network function virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Network (SDN). In which, NFV holds a significant segment of the total 5G core network technology market.
Over the past decade, the size and complexity of network infrastructure have grown rapidly, so solutions that manage the entire network are simple and effective. The NFV solution solves these problems directly to operators by providing greater flexibility in traffic management, thereby improving network efficiency. Therefore, increasing demand for advanced network management systems is driving the growth of the global NFV market.
The type of network architecture further categorizes the 5G infrastructure market. In which, 5G NR Non-Standalone (LTE Combine) holds the more significant segment of the total 5G infrastructure market by network architecture. However, the 5G standalone market is expected to cover a major sector in the coming years.
5G market has accelerated since the end of 2017. The first deployment of a 5G network is the NSA deployment, focusing on improving mobile broadband to provide higher data bandwidth and reliable connectivity and NSA must service early deployment of 5G networks and devices — this means that the current 4G infrastructure will support 5G networks. 5G will want to be the first service provider to provide speed, which will start from the service provider NSA. After 5G coverage is established, standalone 5G will be implemented.
In this study, the 5G Infrastructure market is also categorized by operational frequency (Sub 6GHz and Above 6GHz) and communication infrastructure (Macro and Microcell) in which current and future market trends are covered.
5G plays an indirect role in the control of the COVID-19 outbreak due to its high speed, massive bandwidth, and low latency, and it enables flawless communications in emergency and hospital centers. Our report analyses the impact of COVID-19 on the market by understanding the role of 5G in COVID-19 pandemic, studying the winning imperatives and burning issues, and identifying the key initiatives by leading companies in 5G infrastructure market in the scenario.
The report’s objective is to understand the technology landscape and market estimation & forecasting of the 5G infrastructure.
Technology landscape covers the evolution of technology, technology comparison, technology benchmarking, technology adoption, trial spectrum and major use cases.
Various technologies emerged in 5G; however, millimeter wave, small cell, large scale MIMO, full-duplex and beamforming are the Front Runners Technologies, and these technologies are expected to play the major role for 5G.
Today’s users want faster data speeds with more reliable services. The next-generation wireless network is expected to provide more functions than a traditional network system. These networks will also encourage the development of other new technologies, such as autonomous vehicles, virtual reality, and the Internet of Things.
This study also covers IP Overview. Our IP research identifies that the focus of innovations, research, and developments in 5G is towards Resource Management, Security Management, Network Management, Network Function Virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Beamforming, Network Slicing, Applications of 5G, Beamforming techniques and Hardware Specifically for 5G.
On the market research, the scope includes define, describe, and forecast the 5G infrastructure market size based on core network technology, network architecture, communication infrastructure, operational frequency, Application, and region.
North America held the largest share of the 5G infrastructure market in 2019 owing to the pace in R&D activities in technology development. The region has always been on high adoption of new edge technologies and smart hardware demanding high bandwidth and connectivity requirements ensuring a seamless experience. It brings a large number of opportunities in the region for 5G infrastructure.
Recent Strategic Initiatives:
- In March 2020, Nokia announced a partnership with Intel for technological advances for its 5G radio portfolio. This collaboration agreement was based on the acquisition of Intel products, namely the new Atom P5900 processor. The company adds that the Intel processor will be used in ReefShark silicon chip solutions.
- In January 2020, Samsung acquired TeleWorld Solutions to further build its 5G infrastructure. The acquisition of TWS will enable the company to meet mobile carriers’ growing needs for improving 4G and 5G networks, and eventually create new opportunities to enhance our service capabilities
- In February 2019, Ericsson acquired Kathrein’s antenna to expand its Radio System portfolio with new products and strengthens its antenna in-house competences and capabilities.
Critical Questions the Report Answers:
- What are the strategic initiatives by leading companies in the market?
- How the innovation is happening across the countries and technologies by leading companies?
- What are the emerging applications that are expected to drive the market?
- What is the market potentiality in the near future?
- What are the trends prevalent in the market?
- How startups are emerging in the market?
- What are the key revenue streams and different businesses across the 5G infrastructure value chain?
- Mapping of key companies across various parameters of technology and business intelligence.
- COVID-19 impact on the 5G infrastructure market, and what are the 5G companies’ initiatives in this pandemic situation of COVID-19?
- What are the key players involved in Patent filing for various 5G technology enablers?
Key Customizations Availability:
- Company profiling and competitive landscape for additional players
- Cross segment market analysis
- Consulting on any specific area of interest across 5G infrastructure and related 5G technologies
- Consulting on any particular area of interest across 5G infrastructure in IP Landscaping