The client wanted to understand in detail how the new trend of adsorption/absorption in the chemical industry will benefit lower emission of CO2 from a mixture of gases and dehumidifying air/other gaseous mixtures.
The main objective of the engagement was to understand the technology developments for materials and equipment, market attractiveness, business models, and player ecosystem.
- Secondary Research: Conducted exhaustive desk research to understand technologies and the overall demand for the adsorption of CO2 and moisture.
- Referred paid databases and identified patents/literature around them.
Key Business Questions
- What are the different types of materials developed recently that can absorb moisture and/or CO2?
- What are the preparation methods for these absorbing materials?
- What are the sustainability aspects related to these absorbing materials?
- What are the various CO2 & moisture-absorbing equipment for various end-use applications and key specifications or parameters?
- Who are the key active players in different sectors where the CO2 & moisture-absorbing equipment are utilized?
Benefits to Client
- Helped the client understand the new and upcoming adsorbing material.
- Helped the client adapt new technology with effective parameters for regeneration of adsorbing material.
- Assisted the client in understanding the different existing equipment models and new equipment models focused on the adsorption process.